1. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place tomatoes and garlic on baking tray, scatter over thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until very soft, set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots for a few minutes, until softened. Add tomato paste and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, stock, Magic 8, and 3/4 of white beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Blend soup with a stick blender or food processor. Place soup back into pot, stir through remaining beans and heat through.
6. Top bowls of soup with parmesan & reserved thyme leaves & serve with bread.