1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the almond meal, buckwheat flour, Thrive Powder and
coconut sugar until combined. Add the egg and maple syrup, and combine
until it forms a sticky dough
3. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 15 minutes until it firms up.
This will making it easier to shape the cookies
4. Take a tablespoon of the cookie mixture and use your hands to shape the
dough into a ball. Flatten the dough ball with the palm of your hand and
arrange them on the baking tray. Use your thumb and press down into the
centre of the cookie.
5. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden. Let the cookies cool completely
6. To make the chia jam, heat the strawberries and a tbsp of water in a
saucepan over medium heat, mashing these with a fork until liquid-like. Stir in
the chia seeds, and remove the saucepan from the heat. Allow this to sit for 5
minutes so that it firms up. NOTE: if the chia jam is too runny, add some extra
chia seeds (or psyllium husk, for a quick fix)
7. To assemble, add a dollop of the chia jam to the centre of each cookie. Allow
the cookies sit for half an hour for the jam to set and enjoy!